"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Last P-Day en el CCM

Howdy y'all!

Well guess what? Right after I emailed last week I got my travel plans in the mail! Today is the last P-Day in America! I leave the MTC at 2:30 AM on Monday, and have a lay-over in DALLAS! Can't wait to be in Texas again, even if it's just for a couple of hours, and then I'll be arriving in Chihuahua by 12:00!Mis compaƱeras y yo are so excited. I heard us called a "triceracomps" yesterday. You know, because we're a trio, ha. We're excited that we're all going to the same mission, it's really fun to think that I'll probably see Hermana Bartholomew around and I would just die from excitement if I was ever companions with Hermana Brown again!

We've all bonded this week. Maw sent me some salsa and it was so great to have the taste of Texas! Every night we sat down and had a pow-wow over the salsa and some chips. It was great.
Our awesome investigator, Nayeli, also brought us some delicious cheesecake, too! It was so good! She's so great, I will really miss her!

Oh, so one of my teachers this week was like. "Hermana Dudley, is it true that Texas has a state pledge?" And I was like, "You're darn right we do." My district thought that was crazy, but we all know Texas deserves some respect.

Everything this week has been great. My two companions had a bit of a disagreement, and I got to kind of observe that, but nothing lasting. I lifted weights with a Hermana from England. My legs are screaming at me today, ha, but I like it. Chief Justice brought us IN-N-OUT and I saw my friends, The Nallys! Everything has been great. We had some fiery devotionals, which I loved. I actually want to share my favorite quote with all y'all, give y'all some food for thought.

Elder Stanley G. Ellis: "Pray as if everything depends on the Lord, because it does, then get up and work as if everything depends on you." BOOM. Love it.

This guy gave an awesome talk. We actually found out that a General Authority, probably Bednar, will be coming to speak at the end of April. I'm a little bummed that I'll miss that, but I'm so stoked to get to Chihuahua. I'll get to watch conference there, which will be awesome!
But anyways, think about this quote, analyze it, then apply it.

I love y'all! My next email will be from Mexico!

Con Amor,

Hermana Dudley

Pictures!

 I don't know what I was doing in the first two...but me and Hermana Brown in the last one!




HAHAHAH! This was a fun picture. 
Elder Scullin and  Elder Temple are some characters. 

This is the district and Chief Justice! This guy seriously loves me. He calls me Hermana Texas and likes to tell people to come up and ask me if I'm from Oklahoma. He's great though.



The taste of Texas...so great I have to mess up my face to express it. 
This was the Temple this morning!


Here is Hermana Brown and her hat...that she slept in:)


















No comments:

Post a Comment