"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Friday, March 7, 2014

Que Pasa, Calabaza?

Howdy Friends!
"Que pasa, calabaza" means what's up pumpkin in Mexico, ha.

First of all, I love y'all! It's amazing how my love and appreciation for every single one of you has grown exponentially since I've been here! And also my love of Texas. I shall never leave Texas again once I return. I tell everyone it's the promised land. When mis companeras wrote home to their families about me they described me as a redhead who loves Texas and cookies, ha. That’s pretty accurate. I also really miss my Aggies. These BYU students drive me crazy. I need to hear "howdy," "whoop," and "gig 'em."

Let's see, it's so busy here. I have so much I want to tell y'all, but it's just unrealistic. We're in class for 10 hours a day, but I love it. I have learned so much! My Spanish has a long way to go, but it's come a long way. The other day I said a sentence in Spanish on accident, and I was like, whoa, that was legit espanol...it was so cool! I also have the first vision memorized in Spanish! I love it. I can feel the Spirit each and every time we recite it.  As far as the language, I'm not too worried. I am working hard to learn it as best I can, but I also know that as long as I put forth my best the Lord will help me with the rest. Spanish can be hard to comprehend sometimes because we have to translate it in our minds. But the language that we all understand with our hearts is that of the Spirit, and I know that as long as I do all I can, I will be able to teach with that universal language. I know that all I need to truly do is "perderse en la obra" and the gift of tongues will be given.

So we've been teaching investigators since our second day here. It's challenging sometimes, but I'm so grateful for the opportunity. We learn so much. We learn from our mistakes and from the Spirit and from the examples of our teachers. I know that my teachers are truly inspired. They have helped me and directed me to so much revelation and growth! I cannot even describe how much I have grown in just these two weeks. It makes my head spin when I think of how much I still have the chance to learn! I've come to better understand my Savior and my personal relationship with my Heavenly Father and I know that everyone has that ability. Yo sé que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y JesuCristo es nuestro Salvador. Sé que tenemos profetas reales en el mundo hoy. Estoy muy agradecido por la oportunidad para servir una mision y estoy MUY animada para ir a CHIHUAHUA!!! AY CHIHUAHUA!!

Seriously, I love it. There are some trials. For example, my companion had a bit of a break down yesterday and I didn't know how to handle it. How do you deal with crying girls? I don't know. But it wound up being a good thing because my other companion and I came together and comforted her and we got all amped and sang a song in Spanish and it was great. Oh, I love the Gospel. Man, I love Spanish. But holy cow, do I love the Gospel in Spanish. It's so beautiful. Hymns in Spanish? Coolest thing ever. On fast and testimony meeting I bore my testimony in Spanish!!!!!!! That was the highlight of el CCM so far. It was amazing. I can't wait to be able to teach people and tell them what I know.

I love y'all so much. I'm going to try and send pictures, too. You're all in my prayers every day!

Con amor,
Hermana Dudley


PICTURES!!

It only allows us to send like 3 pictures at a time. Lame. But I'm excited. I don't actually have a ton of pictures because my camera was broken but then we prayed and a week later it works! SO here are some candid shots!

Here is a picture of my companionship on our Sunday walk! Hermana Bartholomew is the blonde! She's 19, from Lehi, UT. Kind of the typical girl, ha. Boy crazy and dramatic and loud, but I love her. She braids my hair and truly is growing so much! Hermana Brown is 24 and is way more mature than all of us, but so much fun and a great example. We all balance each other out.

Then there is of course the cliche map picture. We're all going to the same mission!



















Elder Schaeler is the tall one. He is going ot Merida. He's from Arizona. He can wiggle his ears. Elder Temple is the blonde one, he's going to Ciudad Juearez, from Chicago and is our District Leader. His voice reminds me of Kronk from Emperor's New Groove. Elder Scullin is going to Monterrey. He's hilarious. Like,. so funny. Never on purpose. He's from California.

P-Day Provo Temple Trip!


















Selfies!! The Trio:) and also Elder Scullin, who is hilarious. He has a weirdly high voice and generally talks himself into some sort of a bad situation.











No comments:

Post a Comment