"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Monday, February 17, 2014

Here We Go!

Howdy Friends!

Tomorrow is the day! I’ll be off the Utah, then off to Mexico! I can’t believe it’s come so fast. I’m so excited and nervous, but I know without a doubt that this is what I am supposed to do. I love this Gospel. I know that is the true, full and restored Gospel of my personal Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that through His Atonement, I can be made clean again and again. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows me on a personal level. I know I am a true daughter of God, with a divine nature, and I know that I will be able to live with my Heavenly Father again. I know that families, through the ordinances of the Temple, are sealed together for time and all eternity. I’m more grateful for that than anything else. I love my family dearly. They have helped me in more ways than I could ever imagine. Families are forever and that’s one of the reasons we have missions; missionaries leave their families for a short time so that others may be with theirs for eternities.
 
I know that I was called to my mission by revelation from God to a living Prophet. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and he was able to translate the Book Of Mormon through the power of God. The Book of Mormon is true! It is beautiful and it is comfort and it is for us, here and now and today.
 
I don’t know or understand everything about this church, but I love it. I know that I can learn and grow and progress every day. I know that it’s absolutely okay to not know every little thing, that’s where faith comes in!

I have a great testimony of prayer. I know that Heavenly Father hears each of our prayers and will always be a comfort and a friend. I’m so grateful for that. I’m grateful for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I know it to be true. I’m grateful for my family. I’m grateful for the wonderful friends I have. Above all, I’m grateful for the opportunity I have to serve this mission. I pray that I can help the people of Chihuahua come closer to Christ and feel his love, and the joy that comes with it, the way I have. 

Love, 
Hermana Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment