"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Monday, July 14, 2014

Howdy, Whoop! and Gig ´Em!

Hola a todos,

Update: My comp and I are doing great. Sometimes she kind of spaces out and I have to repeat entire conversations, ha. But, she is really great and we laugh a lot and I am learning so much from her humble example! My Spanish is improving a lot. Like, a lot. Today, I went off on some rant and afterwards I realized that I said everything in Spanish and it was pretty sweet, ha. 

The other day, Joel described me as ´´Blanca, romántica, fiel, y alegre.´´ I was pretty happy with that description, ha. Joel continues to progress wonderfully. The bishop is working on finding a calling for him and he will be having an interview to receive his priesthood. And, yesterday he bore his testimony! He talked about how important it is to keep the bathrooms of the chapel clean, ha. But, I was so proud, ha. We are teaching him how to read and yesterday we covered A and B. I love teaching Joel, it is a constant reminder to be patient, loving, and that in reality, the Spirit is the true teacher.

Oh, Happy Independence Day! I wore red, white and blue to celebrate, ha.

Funny story: Here, the traditional salutation is a handshake and a kiss on the cheek. Well, with the hermanas that is not a problem and I have not had a problem with any hermanos for three months....but this week, ay. We were teaching an investigator named Josandres. And he shook my companion´s hand, no problem. Then he shook my hand and tried to kiss me! It was so funny, like, slow motion. I was thinking, ´what is he doing...why is his face getting closer to mine....AY YI YI YI NO!´ And I said that. Ha. It was hilarious.

Greatest thing this week, we have finally started to work with the members. It is starting off slowly, but this ward is very hard working and very willing to help us. This week our goal is to have a member in every lesson and I am so excited to see the results! One family, Jiminez Mimbela, is a family that I absolutley love. Ella cocina bien rica, siempre, y siempre nos da comida, ja. Pero, ellos estaban inactivos por como 7 años. Pero, in August they are going to the Temple to be sealed together for time and all eternity! I was so happy to hear that! One thing that I have truly come to love, appreciate, and KNOW is that our families can be together forever. I know that with the proper authority, I can be married para siempre. I know that I can base my future family on love that has no bounds. I know that my family is forever. I am so grateful that my parents were sealed in the Temple, by someone who truly holds the keys of the Priesthood to do so. I know that families are forever, I know that this Gospel is the truth, I know God lives and loves us and thanks to His Infinite Wisdom we have infinite opportunities through the infintie sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He lives. Christ lives. I know it. I love it. I will live it.

I love y´all!!!
Hermana Dudley

P.S. The men with guns in the corner close to our house are still there. We are currently working on a plan to contact all of them with the goal of entering the big house. We found out who lives there. He is, basically, in charge of their national guard and his grandfather or great grandfather was the secretary of the national army. He is important, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment