"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Monday, July 14, 2014

Bienvenido a Julio en México

Hola a todos!

First of all, Happy Birthday this week to my dear Grandpa. Secondly, Happy Independence Day! Thirdly, Aaron Lopez hits 11 months as a missionary today! And fourthly, I have officially been in Mexico for 3 months today.

Well, what a week. First of all, I learned of El Mundial. It is huge, how did I never know what that was? I bought a Mexico shirt, then they lost, ha.

We decided this week that we are going to teach Joel how to read. I am really excited, we will see how it goes.

BIGGEST NEWS: CAMBIOS: Yes, I have a new companion. I was so sad to see Cervantes leave and I was so nervous before finding out my new situation. But, all is well. Her name is Hermana Velasco, she is from Oaxaca. She is 25, a convert, and she sleeps with her Missionary Tag on, ha. She is so sweet, and a hard worker. She is a bit spacey sometimes, ha, but all is well. We worked a lot this week and it is so exciting and fun.

I have grown tremendously this week. I have more responsibility, more worries, and just about no time to think. I plan, I lead the lessons becuase I know the Investigators, I am in charge of the cell phone and passing along the data, and I have to navigate. I successfully made it to all of our comidas this week, that is a huge accomplishment. Also, my new district is just us and a companionship of elders. Elder Sanchez is from Peru and Elder Cox is a redhead from Arizona. It is hilarious that there are now two redheads in one ward. But, the elders are new to the are as well and dont know anything, so I am always in the lead. I was really worried, but I know more than I thought I did, ha. All has been well. I have really progressed this week and I love it.

I know that this Gospel is true. I know that the Lord doesn't give us things we cant handle.

I love y'all!
Hermana Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment