"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Sunday, April 20, 2014

I Have Survived 2 Weeks!

Howdy a todos,

Ok, so, this week went by so much faster than the first week! I still do not speak Spanish, but I can tell that I am getting better. This whole patience thing sucks. I tried to explain to my companions that I just wanted a little pill that I could take that would magically make me speak Spanish. Get a message to Willy Wonka for me, tell him to get on it ASAP. Ha. No, but really, I know I am learning and I know I just need to give it time.

Speaking of my companions, I still love them. Absolutely and completely. They take care of me. Like, I seriously have two mothers down here. They grab my hand when we cross the street, becuase drivers here are insane. And, there are a ton of volkswagon bugs and jettas here. I see one literally every 20 seconds. And I mean literally. I have experimented.

Highlights of the week:
We are again without Electricity. But, we do have hot water. I do not mind showering with a flash light, ha. And studying by candle light is interesting. We even made hot cakes by candle light.

On Saturday, I got my first reference! All by my lonesome. I gave a man an invitation to an open house thing we had at the Chapel, got his address, and permission to come by for a lesson. I understood about 60% of the conversation, but I felt like I could fly afterwards!

Saturday evening we had a Baptism! I now know that everything that possibly can go wrong before a baptism, will. For example, the water to the church mysteriously shut off. So we filled the font with buckets. In all honestly, the ward is extremely unorganized, but everything worked out, and even though Gloria had to be dunked 6 times, it finally came to pass. All the problems and stresses did not matter. When she came out of the font she seriously glowed! She calls us her {hermanitas}. I am so glad that I have been able to play a small part in her journey. I have not know her long, but I love her so much! She is the sweetest, most sincere spirit I know.

On Sunday she was confirmed! And we wound up having testimony meeting and I got up there and bore my testimony in Spanish! The other missionaries were really surprised, ha, but I was so grateful for the opportunity. I dont even know what I said, but it must have been fairly understandable, becuase several members came up to welcome me afterwards. And, this is the coolest thing ever, I met Ellie's Sister, JUDY! I have a picture with her! It made me so happy to think that I have a small connection to home! We are going to eat with her sometime and she said she will show me pictures!
Oh, and also, mexicans cannot sing. Whatsoever, ha. The hymns are very interesting, here, ha.

Oh, and FYI, we only get our mail like once a month.

I love y'all all so much and I am so happy to write to y'all and tell of all that I am learning. I know patience is needed and that all the strife and struggles in life make the good times so much better!

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment