"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

First Transfer!

I have officially made it through my first transfer! Hermana Cervantes and I are still together. We do really well together most of the time. Every now and then there are some cultural differences, but it all works out.

This week was fun. We helped an investigator make tortillas de harina, SO GOOD. We had some lessons with some viejitos, old people, and those are always hilarious because they can't hear anything. So we have to literally yell. I prayed, and yelled, AMEN. Pero ella no escucho. So I yelled again, AMEN HERMANA! But again, no. It always feels a bit blasphemous, but it is hilarious.

Another time, we found this guy who we had contacted before in the street and we started talking. He actually knows a lot about the church. It was a good conversation, and he accepted a return appointment. But, he doesn't live in our area so we told him that the Elders would come by to teach him. But he didn't want the elders, he kept saying, "No, ustedes!" Haha, it was really funny. That type of thing happens a lot here.

And, I got to call home. Whoop. Ha. 7 more months and I will be calling again. This week has had a lot of ups and downs, but when it all comes down to it, I know that this Gospel is true, and with that knowledge, everything else is worth it. El Evangelio vale la pena.

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment