"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

Fun Fact: Mexicans don't really get the whole "patriotism" thing. They love the song Achey Breaky Heart. Like, a lot.

So, I had typed this big long email with lots of fun facts and cool things, but then the stupid internet stopped working and we had to find a different cyber and I don't want to type it all again. So, here is the most important thing:

My name here is never pronounced correctly. It is always "doodley"and sometimes I don't even get a name, I just get "guerita."At first, this hurt my feelings. But, I was studying baptism this week and all the parts of the covenant that we make. The most important thing is that we covenant to take upon ourselves the name of Jesus Christ. That means that His plans, His purposes, His timing need to come before our own. In reality it means that our names don't matter. So, I decided that if no one here remembers my name, it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that they understand that I am a representative of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know He Lives. I know His Gospel is full and pure and restored.

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment