"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Gracias por Mis Hermanas"

Howdy!

First of all,FELICIDADES A MI HERMANITO TRISTAN ANDREW DUDLEY! YOU GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL! WELCOME TO REAL LIFE! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Also, Happy Birthday to Jillian Skiftun!

Random notes: My companion hit 17 months today. Ay yi yi. Also, we have a new rule that we have to be inside from our comida until about 4 or 4:30 because the heat is so bad. Ay yi yi. And, we had a meeting with Presidente this week and he called me out in front of everyone and told me my spanish was really good....ha. Thanks Presidente, pero todavia no estoy de acuerdo.

Now, the best part of the week: JOEL WAS BAPTIZED!!!! WOW, y´all, no es posible explicar el gozo que yo sentí. Era como una mamá, ja. En serio, los sentimientos mas bonitos! Of course, there were issues before hand. The person that was supposed to fill the font did not, but miraculously it was filled in time. And really, our journey with Joel has been a bit of a roller coaster. Pero, vale la pena. His baptism so wonderful. Everyone that he wanted to be involved was there. And, Hermana Cervantes y yo cantamos! I have never sang in front of people, but it was so fun and we felt the Spirit so strongly! We wanted to do something special for Joel and since it was my first baptism, really. But Joel was so great! He is this tiny little man and the baptismal clothes absolutely swallowed him. But he was so happy. He brought his tie and after the baptism He shared his testimony with everyone. He also said the closing prayer, here is where my heart just about exploded, in his prayer he thanked Heavenly Father for his baptism and told Him how happy he was. He gave thanks for the ward and his friends, and then....he said ¨Y gracias por mis Hermanas aqui enfrente conmigo. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! It is just the most amazing thing to think back to our first lesson, to think of all the things we have talked about and see his progress and see how the Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed his life. I have truly come to love Joel and through my experience teaching Him I have come to understand so much more of my purpose and of the love that Christ has for each of us. It is the coolest dang thing. Oh, and Joel asked if he could stay after his baptism to clean the chapel. GOLDEN. On Sunday he was confirmed and again, I was so happy. I could not even close my eyes during the blessing becuase seeing him up on the stand just lit up my soul!

It is truly an amazing thing. ´...how great shall be your joy with Him....´ D&C 18:15.

AH! I cannot say that I completely love Mexico and everything that it is yet, but I love the fact that I have the opportunity to bring this kind of joy to others. I know this Gospel is the truth and I am so grateful for the opportunity to share it.


I love y'all!
Hermana Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment