"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

You are 5% Love of God and 95% water.

Howdy Friends, 

Happy Father´s Day!
Happy Birthday to Karen Lopez!

Well, the title of this email is something that someone told me this week. Ha. See, my comp has an issue with her foot, so for the past month we have been visitng this doctor a few times a week. He is so great! Like, absolutely hilarious and has the biggest personality. And he loves us. He doesn´t want to hear our message yet, but I have faith that he will soon. He seriously loves us though and made me promise to come back and visit him even after Cervantes leaves. He calls me the ´mormón muñeca de Tejas´ because I am always carrying my bottle of water he told me that I am water, ha. He is great and is going to bring us hamburgers, ha. We meet the coolest people.

We also made contact with these three body guards. They are always in the street with their big guns, in front of this giant house that is right down the street from us. I heard once that the governor or someone lives there, but I am going to find out more. They see us almost everyday and the other day I was walking with crutches, just for fun, and they were all concerned and asked what happened and they thought it was hilarious that I was just pretending. So then we started talking to them and they were like, wow, yall are the first people to talk to us in about 10 years. Everyone is scared of them becuase they have guns, ha. But, they were interested in the message and we´re going to talk to them again. It is pretty cool, ha. 

Also, we got caught in a rain storm this week. We were soaked, but continued to work and it was so fun! 

And, Joel continues to progress. Right now, he is confused about the difference between ´desayno´ which means breakfast, and ´ayuno´ which means to fast. So, we´re working on that. But, it is so fun and a great reminder that we need to always focus on the needs of those we are teaching. 

I know that this Gospel is true. I know that God has a plan for each one of us and we can choose to follow Him and be happy. I am so grateful that I get to share this truth with the people of Chihuahua and I love it!

I love y'all!
Hermana Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment