"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

CAMBIOS...But for real this time.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Hola a Todos,

Well first and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISTAN! Tomorrow my not-so-little brother is going to turn 19 years old! I am so proud of you Tristan and I love you!

Okay, so I actually had transfers. They called on Friday night, completely out of the blue and I had to pack all my stuff at 10:30 and leave at about 6:30 in the morning. I am now in Anahuac, it is a tiny little town close to Cuatemoc. It is really cold here. Like, really cold. we actually didn't have water this morning because the pipes froze. Super cold. But, it is so pretty. It is more rural, wide open spaces. It reminds me a little bit of home. We walk a ton, more so than in Delicias because it is more rural here and the houses are farther apart. And there are hills. So I am getting some good exercise. It is definitely different than Delicias. It is cleaner.

Also, here I am in a tiny little branch, not a ward. Yesterday there were about 30 people in Sacrament Meeting. It is super tiny. Ha. But, I am excited to be here and to get to know everyone. We have already started working with the members and they are just great. They are all super interested in me. I am the first American Sister here. They have had gringos, but always Elders. So, I am the the first gringa. Actually, yesterday in his testimony, one of the counselors said that he had only ever seen white sister missionaries in the Liahona (church magazine) and didn't really think they existed. But here I am! ha. So, it is pretty exciting. It is a little frustrating as well. In Delicias I knew everything and everyone and here I am totally lost. But, with a little bit of patience and time I know it will get better. And my new comp is super sweet. Hermana Alambura is her name. She actually is pretty new, I have to finish 2 weeks of her training. So I told her not to worry, we would be learning together. She is 24, and has always wanted to serve a mission. She is truly just super sweet and...pure. That is about the perfect word for her. So, I am excited. Everything is different, I have a lot of adjustments to make, but I know that with change comes progress. So I am excited.

Anahuac....it really is super pretty. I hope to take more pictures this week to send, but I will send a couple.

I hope all is well and I love yall!

Con Amor,
Hermana Dudley







No comments:

Post a Comment