"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Monday, November 3, 2014

I Hit 8 Months Yesterday...Oh No.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Hola a todos!

Disculpenme por tardar en escribirles. We had a bit of a miscommunication this morning...ha. But no worries, all is well. It is just that our Zone Leaders don't listen very well. So, we traveled to Chihuahua this morning for a meeting that was just for elders. HA! But it was really funny when we walked in and saw the faces of all the elders. 

Okay, so earlier this week we had a meeting with President and they showed us this amazing video. It is called "Butterfly Circus" y'all have to look it up. It really was used to teach us about our potential, our gifts, but more than anything how we need to be self sufficient. 

I have pondered a lot this week because I hit 8 months. That is the strangest thing, by the way. Someone told me, "Hey, you are almost half way done" and I was like, NO! Really, being in the mission has taught me so much. I love it. I have learned to leave my comfort zone and that was not something I ever did before, ha. I have seen what the Gospel can do and I cant imagine who I would be without these experiences. 

Actually, the other day I had an awesome experience. We got home from Chihuahua at about 7:30 and we enter the house at 8:30. We were really tired and honestly it would have been so easy to just end the day. But that day Presidente taught us about repentance and it really made me think about my time here and my purpose. And I could not stay in the house. We left and got to work. Honestly, we didn't see miracles. We didn't accomplish a whole ton. But I felt a joy that was so sweet and so pure. I know that in that small act, I fulfilled my purpose and I made my Heavenly Father proud. And that is a joy that I want to feel every day of my life. 

I love the mission. I love the Gospel. These days are limited. Actually, we did the math the other day. We have 13,920 hours to be missionaries. In all of eternity, we only have those few hours. And I don't want to lose or waste a single one. 

I love y'all!
Hermana Dudley

P.S. Hermano Duran is so great. This week he gave us his famous hamburgers and called us just to tell us that he loves us, ha. Oh, and Ramona and her family are going to get baptized this week. They aren't my investigators, but I have a special connection with Ramona. I love her, ha. Oh, also, I have a great fear that I will have transfers this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment