"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Monday, November 3, 2014

Post Conference Thoughts

Monday, October 6, 2014

Howdy a todos,

First and foremost, if y'all missed conference, look it up online because wow. I know that those men are inspired. They are chosen servants of Jesus Christ and communicate with us on behalf of our Heavenly Father. It is not something that I think, I want, or I believe. It is something that I know.

One of my favorite quotes from Conference was from Dear Thomas S. Monson. He told us that Decisions Determine Destiny. Think about that. Our decision to follow Christ brought us to the earth in the first place and gave us the opportunity to use our decisions here to help us to achieve a destiny that only He truly understands. Our decisions here on this earth will help us determine our destiny to fulfill the divine potential that is ours. Remember that every decisions counts!

Now, I want to share an experience from this week that really impacted me. We had a conversation with a man that was completely closed off to the Spirit. When he found out that we were Mormons he shared all the knowledge that he had of the church. It was considerable, he knew the history, the foundation, The Book of Mormon and every thing. But, He doesn't believe in anything that doesn't have scientific back up, years of research, and is generally accepted. Of course the only thing we could do was testify and he went so far as to tell us that we don't know anything, we can only believe....

But I want everyone to know that I KNOW that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true and restored church of Jesus Christ. I KNOW that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God, called to bring us the fullness of the Gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I KNOW IT. I have never seen the golden plates. I have never seen Jesus Christ. I have not heard of any scientific research that verifies what is in the Book of Mormon. But I have seen the Blessings that come from following its teachings. I have seen the happiness in my life and that of my family. I have felt the power of the Holy Ghost as I partake of the Sacrament and as I share my testimony of the Restoration and of Joseph Smith. And more than anything, I have received a personal revelation, a direct answer from my Heavenly Father, when I asked in sincere prayer if these things were true. I know that here is the truth. And that manifestation of the Spirit is worth more than all the books, studies, scientists, and ´proofs´ that this world has to offer.

As a missionary, member, and friend, I invite all of y'all to do the same. Don't close yourself of from the greatest source of truth and light that there is. Ask and you shall receive.

Con Amor,
Hermana Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment