"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Monday, November 3, 2014

Yo Sigo en Delicias!

Monday, October 27, 2014

Howdy!

First of all, I want to wish a very happy birthday to my big brother. Saturday is the big day and I hope and pray it will be a great day for you Michael! I love you!

Ok, so biggest news: cambios came....and went and didn't touch me. Ha. I am still in Delicias!!! I am so happy. Granted, Presidente sometimes has random cambios 2 or 3 weeks after cambios, but for now, I am happy. I was actually really feeling like I was going to have cambios last night. And I was really sad about it. I mean, I have almost 7 months here already and I have truly come to love these people. I LOVE Barrio Juarez. But last night I just had these butterflies in my stomach. I was praying all day that the Lord would just help me to happily accept His will and remember my purpose. I know that I can and will be a missionary in whatever ward and area I am in. I told myself to remember that I love The Lord more than I love Barrio Juarez. But I was still nervous. The call came while I was in the shower and when I went to talk to my comp she just had this sad face. And she told me that I had cambios. And they let me think that for like 20 minutes. Lili, the member that is working with us for these weeks who is absolutely hilarious, gave me this big hug and told me how much the ward loved me and yadda yadda yadda. I was about to start packing and when they told me it was just a joke and that I got to stay. Ha, NOT FUNNY. 

On of the reasons I love the ward is the work that is here. This weekend we had 9 baptisms. We were in the chapel all day long, ha. But it was so cool! Two families, a man whose family has been in the church for like 40 years, and two little girls were baptized. That was one of the most memorable days that I have every had. And it was so fun before hand because we were scrambling to find enough baptismal clothing, ha. 

I have come to appreciate the Gospel so much here in the Mission. I think more than anything, I have learned to apply it to myself and see how I can help others apply it. In this, I have learned to love so much. That in and of itself is worth 18 months. 

I love y'all!
Hermana Dudley

P.S. Pictures to follow.  


La Familia Contreras tiene una queserĂ­a. They make delicious cheese. And Day of the Dead decorations are starting to pop up



La Familia Enriques Ramos en una noche de hogar. This is Cleotidle. She got baptized a few months back with the Elders. I love her. She is a little bit crazy....but so fun.







And this is Lili, she is working with us this week. And my comp in the hospital







Also, we helped paint the other day in the street, ha.  We had a cake fight with the Duran family, they are so great. Literally like little kids. 








JAJAJAJA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment