"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Monday, November 3, 2014

NOVIEMBRE

Monday, November 3, 2014

Hola a todos!

It is officially November! Whoop! It was still really hot yesterday. But, it is cloudy today so I am taking the risk of not carrying my umbrella. I am hoping in the next few weeks we will see some cold fronts. 

So, this was a crazy fast and busy week. We almost didn't get to actually work at all in our area. We had to go to Chihuahua twice, we had  a ridiculous amount of meetings and capacitations, and on Saturday one of the other hermanas was sick, so we got to go and help them out. But that actually wound up being an awesome day. Hermana Geddes and I worked, she is American as well, so it was an interesting day. This gangster man with playboy bunny tattoos talked to us in English and we were a little scared. But we invited him to church and he actually came! That was super cool. And even cooler was a lesson that we had with Fransico Antonio. He is super interested, he has some family that are members. We taught him the Law of Chastity and we talked about how we need to respect our bodies. Part of that is the church's guidance on tattoos and piercings. He has gauges and an eyebrow piercing. But the Spirit was so strong and he got so excited he took all of his piercings out right then and there and threw them in the trash! He is just 100% ready to accept the Gospel and to change whatever He needs to change. It was so cool!

We also went to see Fransica, and I have missed her so much. She had the biggest smile when I walked through her door. And I would never guess that such a tiny old lady could hug so tightly, ha. This was my favorite visit of the entire day. It was a great lesson, and we could just feel the Spirit. She prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for His church and her testimony is so real. It just amazed me so much because I remember so clearly the first lesson we had with her. I am so grateful for the Mission and the opportunity that I have had to not just meet such incredible people, but to help them and to see the changes the Gospel can make in their lives. 

Oh, also, we capacited in our Zone Conference the other day and it was great because we brought everyone cereal. I like to do little but memorable things. And this was even cooler because it was idea that Aaron gave me. Ha. But it was a huge hit! I will send pictures in a bit. 

I love y'all!!
Hermana Dudley



These are two drawings from a missionary that just went home last week. He has this incredible talent!!!! He is from Peru. 




Hermana Johnson, Hermana Brown, Elder Sanchez and Elder Peralta! These are from Tuesday, we went to Chihuahua for a doctors appointment and cambios were also happening. 



When we brought Cereal to Zone Conference! That was a big hit. We talked about how important it is to learn how to manage our money here, because we shouldn't eat just cereal. Then we brought out the cereal. Ha.



This is Carlos Flores Torres. He got baptized on Friday. He is hilarious. And the Reyes Fernandez Family. They are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment