"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Monday, December 29, 2014

Guess What Happens This Week.....

Monday, November 17, 2014

Howdy y'all!

First and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN! I can't believe you are now 22! WHOOP! Sing that Taylor Swift song all day long and know that I love you! And hey, just for your birthday I have an announcement: I hit 9 months this week. That is half way, y'all. Honestly, I don't know how it happened. I feel like I just got here and I just stare at my calendar every morning and try to find the mistake, ha. But I guess it is true, 9 months.....only 9 more months of La MisiĆ³n Maravillosa. Gosh, I love it here so much and all I want to do is make the most out of every single moment.

So, my companion was sick again this week. Pobrecita, she has been sick, like stay in the house all day long sick, like 7 times in our companionship. And it sucks, ha. But, we were greatly blessed this week because even though we lost two days, our investigators are really progressing. Our stake had a Family History Fair on Saturday, so we took a few investigators to that and it was just awesome. My favorite part was the baptism of Ximena. She is the daughter of a Hermano Carlos y La Hermana Hortencia. They are recent converts that live in my area and I love this family, like, I LOVE THEM. And we helped them prepare for the baptism and helped organize everything. And listen, it was the most beautiful baptism I have ever seen. Every baptism, every time someone decides to make a covenant with our Heavenly Father, is beautiful. And I have seen miracle baptisms. I have seen an 84 year old man change his life, people with more problems than you can imagine accept the Gospel and entire families become stronger through this ordinance. But this baptism was my favorite. First of all because I love them and I have really seen their progress as a family. Secondly, because I was able to see Hermana Carlos use the literal power of God given to men to baptize his daughter. And as he said the prayer and then baptized her, there was such love and gentleness, it can't even be described. Just the most beautiful thing.

I know that our families can be eternal. The love that exists cannot end at death. And we are so blessed to have the opportunity and the authority given to us to perform these binding and saving ordinances. And I know that that power and authority only exists in the true church of Jesus Christ, His Church.

I love y'all!
Hermana Dudley

P.S. I will send photos next week, I ran out of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment