"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Monday, December 29, 2014

It Finally Happened.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Howdy,

Well, it happened. After 8 incredible months in Delicias, Barrio Juarez, I got the call. I have cambios. I don't know where I am going or who will be my comp or anything. All I know is that I wont be here. I am excited. It is something new, I know there are new people to meet, new experiences to have and new things to learn. And I was doing just fine. Packing all my things, cleaning the apartment. But then we had to call and tell our members....and when they started to cry, I did too. La familia Duran actually came to get us and we are with them right now. We went to eat and they are going to help us with all our preparations. Let me tell you....when Hermana Duran is crying, you cant help but cry as well. I cant describe the love I have for this area, for the entire ward, but especially for this family. They have literally been with me every step of the way. They picked me up from the bus station when I very first started my mission. They are incredible and have truly become my family. And the hardest thing is telling them good bye. I am so grateful for the time that I have had to know them, to feel like a part of their family, and there is no doubt as to the fact that I will return to see them. Hermano Duran always says we have to come back to give him the hug that is not allowed right now, ha. I am so grateful...

Truly, this time in Delicias has been one of the best times of my life. I have struggled, but I have overcome so many things and I have seen not only my own progress, but the progress of the people I have taught and come to love. Delicias is a holy land.

My companion also has cambios. Actually, they are going to split our area between the other missionaries that are here. They told us at about 11 last night and neither of us slept. All night we were thinking about our investigators and converts and the members and the references we have and the appointments and the house...ha. We have a lot to take care of.

It is weird actually, I feel like I am ending the mission, because my entire mission has been here in Delicias. And I thought, man, if it hurts this much just to leave this beloved area, I don't even want to imagine how it will feel to leave the mission. I am so glad that I have 9 more months here. And when those 9 months are up, I am coming back.

I love Delicias. I love Barrio Juares. I love the Familia Duran. But more so, I love being a missionary, a servant of the Lord. And I know that He has a plan for me. So I will go where He needs me, but this place has the most special place in my heart.

I love y'all!
Hermana Dudley

Hermano Jackson

NO ME VENGA

HOLY COW!
THEY JUST CALLED AND TOLD ME THAT I AM NOT LEAVING! I AM STILL IN DELICIAS!!!!!!!!!! WWWHHHHOOOOOPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barrio Juarez....going for 9 months!

A missionary rap.

Hermana Laguna

I will actually be going to back to my first area and working with the same people that I first knew when I first got here with all the same members that I love so much! I will be with Hermana Rojas and she is a great missionary. I feel like maybe it wont last the whole transfer, but I am so excited!

HERMANA DUDLEY
de Barrio Juarez, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment