"After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." - Joseph Smith

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I Hit 6 Months Tomorrow....What....

Howdy!

Yall, 6 months...

Update on the big house with body guards...according to our neighbor who we are teaching whom I also love in part becuase she gives us cake, told us that the guy that lives there is the son of the Highest General here in Mexico. So, he is a diplomat, but he is also a drug lord. Makes sense, ha. That doesn't change our goal of teaching them the Gospel. 

There is also a little dog on our street that has decided it hates us and chased us yesterday. But don't worry, its a little thing and it is scared of my umbrella. 

Ok, so coolest experience this week happened yesterday. We ate with Manuela again. She signs up every chance she gets and yesterday was irritated that next weekend someone else signed up to feed us. She said that is not okay because we are hers, ha. But anyways, after la comida I was helping Jazmin with her Persoanl Progress. We were learning about Faith and we read Hebrews 11, which I love, Alma 32, and Ether 12, and Joseph Smith History. All of these selections are excellent and I invite all of y'all to read them. But anyways, as we were reading Joseph Smith's words there was such a strong spirit about us. And Jazmin stopped mid sentence and told me that she was feeling this burning in her chest. She was smiling so big and she said "Hermana Dudley, es la verdad. Jose Smith tuvo esta vision, es cierto." AH!!!!! It was the coolest thing to see her faith, see her testimony form. And I was so happy for her, to see her progress, and through her experience my own testimony was strengthened. I want all of y'all to know that I know that Joseph Smith was called a prophet of God to restore the true church of Jesus Christ. I know it. And if you do not, take 5 minutes to ponder it and say a prayer and ask. I testify, in the name of Jesus Christ, that this is the truth. 

I love y'all, I love the Gospel, I love my mission. 

Hermana Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment